[petsc-users] Problem with including petscdmda.h

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 10 23:17:27 CST 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 23:11, Xiang Hao <haoxiang at yahoo.cn> wrote:

> I have a program using PETSc, which is running well. Now I just add a new
> line #include <petscdmda.h> in my code and get the following error. I don't
> understand what's going on here. Any help?

> In file included from /home/sci/hao/software/PETSc/include/petscdmda.h:4:0,
>                  from
> /home/sci/hao/programming/C++/ITK/SolveAlpha/SolveAlpha.h:18,
>                  from
> /home/sci/hao/programming/C++/ITK/SolveAlpha/SolveAlpha.cxx:9:
> /home/sci/hao/software/PETSc/include/petscdm.h:27:8: error: ‘PetscClassId’
> does not name a type
> /home/sci/hao/software/PETSc/include/petscdm.h:48:8: error: ‘PetscBool’
> does not name a type

The most likely explanation is that a path to an old version of PETSc
appears before this one in the header search paths, therefore it finds the
file with a new name (petscdm.h) in the new directory, but finds all the
supporting headers (which did not change names) in the old directory. Check
the command line and environment.