[petsc-users] [FEM doubt] Not Related to PETSc

Dharmendar Reddy dharmareddy84 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:04:27 CDT 2011

So, i need to transform the Gauss quadrature points (qp) from the reference
2D triangle to 3D using affine transformation of the form:
[x y z]^T = A x [qp_x qp_y] + [c1 c2 c3]^T; A is a 3 x 2 matrix , am i
right?

thanks
Reddy

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 14:34, Dharmendar Reddy <dharmareddy84 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I am writing a 3D FEM code for learning purpose (experimenting with
>> object oriented concepts in Fortran 2003). Can some one tell me (pseudo
>> code) how to implement a non homogenous Neumann boundary condition. You can
>> also point me to a book. I am using tetrahedral elements for solving
>> Poisson equation. I am using a 4 point Gauss quadrature, and linear basis
>> functions for cell volume integrals. I am confused on how to do the
>> integration on the facet.
>

> You need to compute an integral over the face. It appears in the weak
> form. Any book on finite element methods should cover this.

Dharmendar Reddy Palle
Graduate Student
Microelectronics Research center,
University of Texas at Austin,