[petsc-users] VecView doesn't work properly with DA global vectors

Алексей Рязанов ram at ibrae.ac.ru
Tue Mar 22 04:41:46 CDT 2011

2011/3/22 Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov>

>   VecView() for DM global vectors present the vector entries in the global
> natural ordering. Since PETSc divides the domain with DA into squareish
> blocks when you print the values on a process (by calling DAVecGetArray) it
> is not in the global natural ordering. Hence the two are different.
>
>  Barry

Thank You for you answer! Yes now I can see from the output, that VecView
uses natural ordering, but its also very importaint to understand where (on
which processor) elements are finaly stored. If I got it in a right way,
VecView uses natural ordering and gives the WRONG information about actual
distribution of memory among processors. And elemens are really splitted
according the DA implementation. Am I right?

Alexey