[petsc-users] Building with MKL 10.3

Natarajan CS csnataraj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:18:56 CDT 2011

Thanks for the clarification Jed. I am involved in numerical software
development but never have come across code that drastically changes
performance based on blas/lapack implementation (for exactly the same reason
you mentioned), so I was trying to learn what the issue might be. I
certainly agree with your comment on HT, the idea is to maintain
computational throughput, I guess if you have a high ILP or full registers
it really doesn't help!