[petsc-users] eigenvalues in a band

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Sat Jun 25 09:55:52 CDT 2011

Dear all,

I am sorry for a question that is not directly related to PETSc however
there is large community with a lot experienced people. So the question
fits I guess.

I would like to extract the eigenvalues/vectors from a band, say such a
range as [a,b]. I found out that there are some packages on the netlib
pages however they are really outdated fortran codes, at least the ones
I checked and there should be a lot of changes on the codes. I was
wondering if there is already a package that does what I would like to
reach at the end, the range eigenvalues and vectors. So I would be glad
if someone who knows some packages that is capable of this operation,
would share his/her experience.

P.S. Ther//////
<http://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC4QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eecs.berkeley.edu%2F%7Edemmel%2Feigen_templates.ps.Z&rct=j&q=template%20book%20eigenvalue%20solvers&ei=VvUFTt64PIaYOorarMoN&usg=AFQjCNFP4xBp8uDJVorqIQKmhW_mTS0q_Q&sig2=cifrCOjj-K9t4LeqmSLTYQ><http://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC4QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eecs.berkeley.edu%2F%7Edemmel%2Feigen_templates.ps.Z&rct=j&q=template%20book%20eigenvalue%20solvers&ei=VvUFTt64PIaYOorarMoN&usg=AFQjCNFP4xBp8uDJVorqIQKmhW_mTS0q_Q&sig2=cifrCOjj-K9t4LeqmSLTYQ>e
is SLEPc however they are not supporting the band option yet, however
use of two shifts might be an option and then I can do some
post-processing later on to extract the information that I would like.
So on that I am aware of.

Best regards,
Umut