[petsc-users] PCCOMPOSITE and ApplyTranspose

Andrew T Barker Andrew.Barker at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jun 23 04:13:50 CDT 2011

I've made a PCCOMPOSITE that contains two PCSHELLS, both of
which have a transpose set with PCShellSetApplyTranspose().
However the composite PC does not seem to support the
transpose:

[0]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object
type!
[0]PETSC ERROR: PC does not have apply transpose!

The code runs fine with the composite replaced with either of
the shells by itself.  Of course I can implement my own
composite as a PCShell with a transpose easily enough, but I
was wondering if this was expected or if I am making some
other mistake.

I am using Petsc 3.0.0.

Thanks,

Andrew