[petsc-users] long int

Jed Brown jed at 59a2.org
Sun Jun 12 13:47:58 CDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 20:35, Mohammad Mirzadeh <mirzadeh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2011 11:33 AM, "Mohammad Mirzadeh" <mirzadeh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Barry. Problem is my indices are all long and if I use the with
> petsc
> > the compiler will complain. Do you think casting them to int will solve
> the
> > problem?

No, if your code is hard-coded to work with "long" and you are on a LP64
platform (e.g. 64-bit x86 Linux or OS-X), then you must use
--with-64-bit-indices.

Note that hard-coding long may make your code non-portable to an LLP64
platform like 64-bit Windows. In any case, you would *not* use
--with-64-bit-indices there because long is the same as int on LLP64.