[petsc-users] long int

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 13:33:40 CDT 2011

Thanks Barry. Problem is my indices are all long and if I use the with petsc
the compiler  will complain. Do you think casting them to int will solve the
problem? Also how does 64 bit international affect petsc performance?

Thanks
On Jun 12, 2011 9:39 AM, "Barry Smith" <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2011, at 1:48 AM, Mohammad Mirzadeh wrote:
>
>> I guess I figured it out. On 64-bit OS long long and long are the same
and I may as well just use --with-64-bit-ints flag.

> You only need to configure PETSc with --with-64-bit-indices if you are
dealing with problems with over 2 billion unknowns (in parallel) or if the
sparse matrix will have more than 2 billion nonzeros on a single process.
You do not need to use --with-64-bit-indices just because you are using 64
bit pointers, only for really large problems.

> Barry
>

>> Thanks
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Mohammad Mirzadeh <mirzadeh at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> How can I use long int instead of PetscInt in the functions? Does simply
changing the definition of PetscInt solve the problem?