[petsc-users] MatMatMul with mpidense

Kyle Wendt kylewendt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 13:22:54 CDT 2011

I am trying to multiple two mpidense matrices with matmatmil and I get
the following runtime error:
[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
[0]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object type!
[0]PETSC ERROR: MatMatMult not supported for B of type mpidense!
[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 3.1.0, Patch 8, Thu Mar 17
13:37:48 CDT 2011
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/changes/index.html for recent updates.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/faq.html for hints about trouble shooting.

I have built and linked petsc again scalapack and blacs but this have
not helped, is this operation really not supported?