[petsc-users] Field dependent stencil in DAs

Ethan Coon ecoon at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 11 18:36:06 CDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 19:28 -0400, Kevin Green wrote:

> Now the real reason I came:  Is there some sort of mask that can be applied to the DAs that would turn off the communication of ghost points for some degrees of freedom?

No.  However, it would be easy enough to create a 1-dof DA of the same (local and global) sizes as your 5-dof DA, create a Vec using that dof, scatter between the 5-dof Vec and the 1-dof Vec (see VecStrideGather()), then communicate only this 1-dof Vec.

Ethan

--
Ethan Coon

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~ecoon/