[petsc-users] MPI v. Pthreads ?

John Chludzinski jchludzinski at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 13:15:21 CDT 2011

"If you don't have a real MPI installed"?

I installed (on Cygwin) using: ./configure CC=gcc FC=gfortran
--download-mpich=1 PETSC_ARCH=arch-cygwin-gnu

I've compiled some example MPI code using mpicc. And I've run the generated
executable with: mpiexec -n <some int> <executable>.

"ps" says it created n-number of processes.

But it is on a 2-proc/4-core Windows box running Cygwin (of course, not
configured as a cluster).

Do I have "real MPI" installed?

---John