[petsc-users] PETSc recommended visualization packages

Ethan Coon ecoon at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 6 09:41:10 CDT 2011

Both Paraview and Visit generally make ugly axes/colorbars/keys/etc.  In my opinion they both look fine for presentations and my own viewing, but are not really acceptable for publication-quality.  For things run on a reasonably-sized problem, matplotlib (using either h5py to read hdf5, pyvtk to read vtk, or petsc4py to read PETSc's binary format) makes publishable plots.

Ethan

--
Ethan Coon

http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/~ecoon/