[petsc-users] 2 levels of parallelism for ASM

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 24 12:49:24 CST 2011

  Thomas,

     There is no way to have parallel subdomains in PETSc 3.1 for additive Schwarz but one of us has just added support in petsc-dev for exactly this approach. You can access petsc-dev via http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/developers/index.html   Since this is a new not yet released feature please join the mailing list petsc-dev at mcs.anl.gov http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/miscellaneous/mailing-lists.html and communicate issues regarding this top on that list.

   Barry