[petsc-users] error in calling VecGetArrayf90()

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Wed Jan 5 13:28:58 CST 2011

1:(Iend-Istart) is "local" indexing in the global vector.  Since there us no
scatter, there is no local vector and thus no indexing that includes ghosts
(which would be consistent use of the term "local").  I think Ethan is
correct that the only way to get proper "natural" indexing is to have an
inner function.  Am I missing something?