[petsc-users] which version of openmpi for petsc-3.1?

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 5 10:15:06 CST 2011

--download-PACKAGE=PACKAGE.tar.gz usually works only with the
specified version with the URL listed in the corresponding PACKAGE.py

However with MPI - you can install any impl/version separately with
your desired compilers [and not use --download-mpich or
--download-openmpi], and then configure PETSc with mpicc/mpif90 etc
from this install.

Satish