[petsc-users] Get solution at a stage for ts_type arkimex

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 16 13:18:46 CST 2011

> I use ts_type arkimex, and I want at the end of every RK stage to apply a
> limiter function. How can I set TS so that to apply the function at the end
> of a RK stage?

Jed added the new TSAdapt code (in petsc-dev), I would suggest looking at
TS*SetAdapt. Here is the one for TSAlpha:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/docs/manualpages/TS/TSAlphaSetAdapt.html

If you looks in $PETSC_DIR/src/ts/examples/tutorials, ex17.c and ex18.c
both fiddle with this. In theory, I believe it would be possible to add a
custom arkimex adapter that would do this limiter (as a hack).

Before Matt or anyone else offers (and *depending on your problem!*) you
could try to write this as a constrained inequality and use some of the new
SNESVI capabilities:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/docs/manualpages/SNES/SNESVISetVariableBounds.html