[petsc-users] debugging with no X11 available

Aron Ahmadia aron.ahmadia at kaust.edu.sa
Mon Dec 12 06:52:54 CST 2011

Sorry, to expand my answer, "what Matt said".  You don't have the advantage
of using the functionality of -start_in_debugger if you cannot make X11
connections from the compute nodes, so you will need to rely on whatever
debugging facilities your systems team has set up, and break on PetscError
if you want to catch PETSc errors percolating up the stack.