[petsc-users] Optimised vs Debug

Bogdan Dita bogdan at lmn.pub.ro
Wed Dec 7 18:16:13 CST 2011

Thanks Jed,
this is the kind of answer i really needed to hear(I hope it works), I was
sure that something in the shadows of mpich2 didn't act acording to my
expectations but honestly I didn't even knew where to start looking.
I'll try this and then get back to you.

To Barry:
Regarding the output from -log_summary for the debug and opt versions, I
already sent them a few weeks back in a mail to 'petsc-users', your answer
was that the time increase came from the factorization of the matrix.
If it will be necessary in my next post I'll attache the two files, but
first I want to try Jed's idea.

Thanks,
Bogdan