[petsc-users] Freeing Preconditioner Matrix Space

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 21 17:22:28 CDT 2011

  You don't need to put that in the PETSc source. Just built it in the same directory you build your application and link it in like any of your application code. You will need to stick
#include <private/pcimpl.h>     /*I "petscpc.h" I*/

typedef struct {
  PetscInt   n, n_local, n_local_true;
  PetscInt   overlap;             /* overlap requested by user */
  KSP        *ksp;                /* linear solvers for each block */
  VecScatter *restriction;        /* mapping from global to subregion */
  VecScatter *localization;       /* mapping from overlapping to non-overlapping subregion */
  VecScatter *prolongation;       /* mapping from subregion to global */
  Vec        *x,*y,*y_local;      /* work vectors */
  IS         *is;                 /* index set that defines each overlapping subdomain */
  IS         *is_local;           /* index set that defines each non-overlapping subdomain, may be NULL */
  Mat        *mat,*pmat;          /* mat is not currently used */
  PCASMType  type;                /* use reduced interpolation, restriction or both */
  PetscBool  type_set;            /* if user set this value (so won't change it for symmetric problems) */
  PetscBool  same_local_solves;   /* flag indicating whether all local solvers are same */
  PetscBool  sort_indices;        /* flag to sort subdomain indices */
} PC_ASM;

before the subroutine.

  Barry