[petsc-users] problem with -malloc=0

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 17 15:10:46 CDT 2011

On Aug 17, 2011, at 3:06 PM, Dominik Szczerba wrote:

> I tried that before too, also with off, the warning is still there:
>
> WARNING! There are options you set that were not used!
> WARNING! could be spelling mistake, etc!
> Option left: name:-malloc value: no
>
> This is not command line, this is in a string passed to
> PetscOptionsInsertString (but it should not matter, should it?)

  Won't work. The problem is startup options like -malloc are processed by PetscInitalize(). Since you set it after PetscInitialize() it won't have any affect. You need either on the command line, in the environmental variable PETSC_OPTIONS or in a file .petscrc either in your home directory or in the working directory.

   Barry