[petsc-users] compile own solver with petsc-dev

Ping Rong ping.rong at tuhh.de
Thu Aug 4 16:55:52 CDT 2011

Hello all,

I have developed a ksp solver, which is located in
/src/ksp/ksp/impls/xxx. I used petsc-3.1.0-p8, when I changed the solver
code, I updated petsc with
         cd /src/ksp/ksp/impls/xxx
         make ACTION=libfast
         cd $PETSC-ROOT
         make ranlib shared
I have recently started using petsc-dev, which switches to cmake to
compile the library. By the above method, the compilation still went
through, however, when I try to link my program to libpetsc.so, it gives
errors of unresolved symbols. Is there a new way to partially update the
library without running the whole compilation over?  any help would be
appreciated!

--
Ping Rong, M.Sc.
Hamburg University of Technology