[petsc-users] use Superlu as ilu preconditioner

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 2 13:32:32 CDT 2011

On Aug 2, 2011, at 12:23 PM, Ping Rong wrote:

> Thank you! I currently use 3.1-p8. Although I have also compiled petsc-dev, another problem is that I have programmed some solver by myself in petsc, and some of the interface, such as KSPDefaultFreeWork, seems not available any longer.

  Sorry that change is not well explained:  You can call   ierr = VecDestroyVecs(ksp->nwork,&ksp->work);CHKERRQ(ierr); to free the work vectors

  but KSPReset() which is called by KSPDestroy() automatically calls this so in fact you usually do not need to do anything to destroy the work vectors, they are now taken care of automatically.

   Barry