[petsc-users] MatConvert using mpi block aij matrix

Gaetan Kenway kenway at utias.utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 22 12:45:23 CDT 2010

  Hello

I'm still trying to write out my mpiblockaij matrix. I see the
development version now supports the baij format writing, but I was just
trying to do the matconvert fix to write out the matrix. The code I'm
trying to run to convert the matrix is:

call MatConvert(drdwt,'mpiaij',MAT_INITIAL_MATRIX,drdwt_copy,ierr)

drdwt was created using:

call MatCreateMPIBAIJ(SUMB_PETSC_COMM_WORLD, nw, nDimW, nDimW,
ETSC_DETERMINE, PETSC_DETERMINE, &
                               nzDiagonalW, nnzDiagonal, nzOffDiag,
nnzOffDiag,  dRdWT, PETScIerr)

However, the code hangs on the conversion. The drdwt is assembled and
drdwt_copy matrix has nothing done to it at this point.

Any suggestions other than to build the dev version?

Gaetan