[petsc-users] Compile Errors in Make files

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 12 10:39:11 CST 2010

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, Nunion wrote:

> Initially, I thought that was the case as well.  However, I saved some
> output from installation;

?????

Why don't you try the provided suggestion - and say if it worked or -
not?

and if it didn't - furnish further relavent info - like the command
used, errors obtained, makefile used?

And how and where exactly did you set PETSC_ARCH and PETSC_DIR?

BTW: The log you qouted mentiones one way of using PETSC_ARCH and PETSC_DIR with 'make'

> make PETSC_DIR=/home/walker/Desktop/PETSc/LITE/petsc-3.1-p4 PETSC_ARCH=linux-gnu-c-debug all

Satish