[petsc-users] Compile Errors in Make files

Nunion m.skates82 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 10:26:02 CST 2010

Initially, I thought that was the case as well.  However, I saved some
output from installation;
             Configuring PETSc to compile on your
system
TESTING: alternateConfigureLibrary from
PETSc.packages.petsc4py(config/PETSc/packages/petsc4py.py:64)
Compilers:
  C Compiler:         mpicc  -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wno-strict-aliasing -g3
  Fortran Compiler:   mpif90  -g
Linkers:
  Static linker:   /usr/bin/ar cr
  Dynamic linker:   mpicc  -shared  -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Wno-strict-aliasing -g3
MPI:
  Includes: -I/home/walker/MPI/mpich2-1.0.8-install/include
X11:
  Includes:
  Library:  -lX11
BLAS/LAPACK: -llapack -lblas
PETSc:
  PETSC_ARCH: linux-gnu-c-debug
  PETSC_DIR: /home/walker/Desktop/PETSc/LITE/petsc-3.1-p4
  Clanguage: C
  shared libraries: disabled
  dynamic libraries: disabled
  Scalar type: real
  Precision: double
  Memory alignment: 16
   Configure stage complete. Now build PETSc libraries with:
   make PETSC_DIR=/home/walker/Desktop/PETSc/LITE/petsc-3.1-p4
PETSC_ARCH=linux-gnu-c-debug all

Is this the same information that would be contained in the log file for the
configuration?