[petsc-users] query on meaning of libmpiuni.*

Toby D. Young tyoung at ippt.gov.pl
Mon Mar 1 06:20:49 CST 2010

Greetings,

I am very curious to understand why libmpiuni is there PETSc and how
he is implemented by PETSc and PETSc-based programs.

I understand that this library can be built as static or dynamic; right?
I also understand that this library is used when PETSc is compiled with
MPI, but the program is run without mpirun. (What about mpirun -np
1 ./program.x ?)

In short, in which casses should I make sure that libmpiuni exists?
Is there some documentation I have missed, but that I can read to dig a
little deeper to understand the usage of the libmp[iuni.* library?

Many thanks.

Best,
	Toby