[petsc-users] PETSc4Py with Enthough Python Distribution

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 19:38:18 CDT 2010

On 12 June 2010 20:45, Amal Alghamdi <amal.ghamdi at kaust.edu.sa> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I have Mac OS 10.6 and I'd like to ask if any one have tried using PETSc4Py
> with Enthough Python Distribution, EPD. I have tried to build PETSc with the
> option --download-petsc4py but it complained that I am not using the system
> python
> realpath of /usr/lib/libpython.dylib
> (/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python) does not
> point to Python library path
> (/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/6.1/Python) for current
> Python;
>  Are you not using the Apple python?
> Does that mean I should use Apple python or there is a way to make PETSc4Py
> works on EPD.
> Thank you very much
> Amal

You could also try to build petsc4py independently, after building
core PETSc. Just download the tarball release, export PETSC_DIR=...
PETSC_ARCH=..., and then "python setup.py build". Note however that
you may still run into trouble in this OS X + EPD Python combination.
It's not my fault, the universal binaries thing in OS X plus the
custom way EPD builds Python is hard to deal with, specially as I do
not have any OS X box to do proper testing. If you cannot make it
work, feel free to contact me privately and be prepared to help me a
bit.

--
Lisandro Dalcin