[petsc-users] Petsc parallel processing from a library, without "mpiexec -np ..."

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 6 13:45:11 CDT 2010

One additional point: If using 'parallel processing' - then you
shouldn't be trying to circumvent this part of MPI standard [mpiexec -n].

And if you are primarily doing sequential stuff - you can build PETSc
with '--with-mpi=0' [so MPI is not used. However when working with
multiple MPI software packages there could be issues here - so its
recommended to use a proper MPI impl like MPICH2 across all these
software packages]

Satish