[petsc-users] Is the staggered grid good for SNES? or only for SIMPLE scheme?

Ryan Yan vyan2000 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:57:38 CST 2010

Hi All,
I am re-thinking my discretization of a problem: is the stagger grid only
good for SIMPLE scheme?

I am wondering if I am using a stagger grid with FVM to discretize the
conservation system(velocity, pressure, internal energy), is there any
drawback of using newton's method to solve it, comparing with the SIMPLE
scheme for which the staggered grid is suit for? I am not sure whether the
question is asked properly, please feel free to ask more information if
needed. Any comment is welcome.

Thanks a lot,

Yan