[petsc-users] matrix with complex number

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 22 14:35:18 CST 2010

    The way we handle complex numbered linear systems in PETSc is to
compile all of PETSc with complex numbers and then just use the
solvers on those complex numbers. The current drawback to this is that
PETSc can only be built with support for complex numbers or for real
numbers. We cannot build a PETSc where some matrices are complex and
some are real.
We don't have any interest in solving complex systems as larger real
systems.

    Barry