[petsc-users] command line option for superlu_dist

hxie at umn.edu hxie at umn.edu
Tue Jan 5 12:01:21 CST 2010

The information for superlu_dist

Linear solve converged due to CONVERGED_ITS iterations 1
KSP Object:
  type: preonly
  maximum iterations=1000, initial guess is zero
  tolerances:  relative=1e-06, absolute=1e-10, divergence=100
  left preconditioning
PC Object:
  type: lu
    LU: out-of-place factorization
      matrix ordering: natural
    LU: tolerance for zero pivot 1e-12
    LU: factor fill ratio needed 0
         Factored matrix follows
        Matrix Object:
          type=mpiaij, rows=291896, cols=291896
          package used to perform factorization: superlu_dist
          total: nonzeros=0, allocated nonzeros=583792
            SuperLU_DIST run parameters:
              Process grid nprow 2 x npcol 2
              Equilibrate matrix TRUE
              Matrix input mode 1
              Replace tiny pivots TRUE
              Use iterative refinement FALSE
              Processors in row 2 col partition 2
              Row permutation LargeDiag
              Column permutation MMD_AT_PLUS_A
              Parallel symbolic factorization FALSE
              Repeated factorization SamePattern
  linear system matrix followed by preconditioner matrix:
  Matrix Object:
    type=mpiaij, rows=291896, cols=291896
    total: nonzeros=33670280, allocated nonzeros=36641300
      using I-node (on process 0) routines: found 21607 nodes, limit used
is 5
  Matrix Object:
    type=mpiaij, rows=291896, cols=291896
    total: nonzeros=33670280, allocated nonzeros=36641300
      using I-node (on process 0) routines: found 21607 nodes, limit used
is 5

WARNING:  Tolerance not met by convergence norms
Solution norm =          NaN
Total CPU time   =   39.0 min

For mumps, it takes only 2min to get some result "Solution norm =
0.255E+03".