[petsc-users] no PCFactorSetUseDropTolerance() in 3.1-p6

Tobias Neckel neckel at in.tum.de
Wed Dec 8 02:08:48 CST 2010

Dear Hong,

thanks for your quick answer.

> Yes, we replace it with superlu's ilu with drop tolerance.
> To use it, configure petsc with '--download-superlu --download-parmetis'
> Then run your code with option
> -pc_type ilu -pc_factor_mat_solver_package superlu -mat_superlu_ilu_droptol<>
>
> see available options with '-help |grep superlu'

Ah, ok. Is there a possibility to hardwire that in the source code? We
run different integration tests with different solver/pc combinations
with one single executable call (currently without any options).

> Suggest to use petsc-dev for such function, because we have fixed
> several bugs in superlu interface.

Ok, thanks. Will this functionality be available also in the next
release (p7) and when is this expected (approximately)?

Thanks and best regards
Tobias