[petsc-users] configure script for petsc

Stephan Kramer s.kramer at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Apr 23 08:39:33 CDT 2010

Satish Balay wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, Stephan Kramer wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to write a portable configure script for our software that uses
>> petsc, and needs to deal with petsc installations on a number of different
>> platforms. In petsc 3.0 I could do
>>
>>   make -f $(PETSC_DIR)/conf/base getlinklibs
>>
>> and
>>
>>   make -f $(PETSC_DIR)/conf/base getincludedirs
>>
>> that would work for both "installed" petsc and petsc in its own build
>> directory (provided PETSC_ARCH is set correctly of course). In petsc 3.1
>> conf/base seems to have disappeared, is the best
>> way to deal with this to make my own little makefile:
>>
>> include ${PETSC_DIR}/conf/variables
>> include ${PETSC_DIR}/conf/rules
>>
>> and use "make -f my_own_little_makefile getlinklibs" instead?
>
> Yes - this way - you can add more stuff into this makefile - if needed.
>
> If you just do getlinklibs and getincludedirs - then you can probably
> just do:
>
> make -f $(PETSC_DIR)/makefile getincludedirs

True, except the makefile doesn't make it into a prefix-installed
installation of petsc. Having my own makefile do it works fine -
  was just checking if this is indeed the recommended way

Thanks a lot
Cheers
Stephan

--
Stephan Kramer  <s.kramer at imperial.ac.uk>
Applied Modelling and Computation Group,