[petsc-users] petsc-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 23

Li, Zhisong (lizs) lizs at mail.uc.edu
Mon Apr 19 16:28:47 CDT 2010

Hi, Jed

Yes, I did have "--download-mpich=1" when I installed PETSc.  To use "--with-mpi-dir=/path/to/system/mpi ?", Do you mean I should reinstall PETSc with this option or add this as a run command option? It seems it's not recognized as a run command option.

Anyway, this should be a fundamental issue running PETSc. Why doesn't it happen to many other users? On machines of Ohio supercomputer center, I could not easily install any software for myself. I can only upload my complied executable and run it there using their default MPI setup.

Thanks,

Zhisong Li