[petsc-users] ML and -pc_factor_shift_nonzero

tribur at vision.ee.ethz.ch tribur at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Apr 16 06:51:13 CDT 2010

Dear Barry and Matt,

thanks for your helpful response.
ML works now using, e.g., -mg_coarse_redundant_pc_factor_shift_type
POSITIVE_DEFINITE. However, it converges very slowly using the default
REDUNDANT for the coarse solve. On 10 processors, e.g., even bjacobi
plus -mg_coarse_ksp_max_it 10 works better. What solver do you
recommend for the coarse solve? Maybe superlu?

Best regards,

Kathrin