intel compilers and ml fails

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Tue Mar 3 07:50:38 CST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to build petsc-3.0.0-p3 using the intel compilers and math kernel on a linux pc. Everything's fine as long as I don't use ml. When I do use ml, I get an "Error running configure on ML". The ml configure scripts says "configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails".

This is my configure command:

$ config/configure.py --with-cxx=icpc --with-cc=icc --with-fc=ifort --with-blas-lapack-dir=/opt/intel/mkl/10.1.1.019 --download-ml=1 --download-mpich=1

There's no problem when using gcc and gfortran. The intel compilers and mkl are version 10.1. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Chris

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij
CFD Researcher
Research & Development
mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl
T +31 317 49 33 44

MARIN
2, Haagsteeg, P.O. Box 28, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
T +31 317 49 39 11, F +31 317 49 32 45, I http://www.marin.nl/

MARIN webnews: MARIN’s Ships Hydrodynamics Seminar in Brazil

This e-mail may be confidential, privileged and/or protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, you should return it to the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system.