Petsc And Slepc, singular system

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Tue Jul 21 17:01:43 CDT 2009

If your eigenproblem is K x = lambda M x and you are solving it as
K^-1 M x = 1/lambda x (with shift-and-invert with shift=0 in SLEPc),
then if a basis of the nullspace of K is known (rigid-body modes) you
can use EPSAttachDeflationSpace. That will make SLEPc automatically do
KSPSetNullSpace in the underlying KSP object.

Jose