Petsc And Slepc, singular system

Umut Tabak u.tabak at tudelft.nl
Tue Jul 21 16:09:54 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 03:56:11PM -0500, Matthew Knepley wrote:
> If your system is badly scaled, roundoff errors could result in a pivot
> larger than our tolerance. It is also possible that your preconditioner
> resulted in a badly scaled system.
>
>    Matt

Hi,
    Thanks for the fast reply.
    since the system is singular condition number will be bad any way,
    but I was wondering if there were already ways to overcome this
    problem. And are there ways to prevent the preconditioner to give a
    badly scaled system, what I mean is that the system is singular so
    will preconditioning improve that? I definitely read about these.

    Thanks and best,
    Umut

--
Quote:      You can not teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself.
Source:     Galileo Galilei