About src/ksp/pc/impls/fieldsplit/fieldsplit.c

Ryan Yan vyan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 17:18:08 CDT 2009

Hi All,
I have some difficulty of understanding the struct PC_FieldSplit. From the
definition I can see that it has a data structure like a "list" and each
member in the list is representing an object Field(or PC_Field).

Suppose that my matrix has a blocksize of 5.   I want to Set 3 Fields,  i.e.
field_0 as {0,1},  field_1 as{2,3},and field_3 as {4}. Then can anyone
please help me to fill in the following parameter.

PC_FieldSplit *jac = (PC_FieldSplit*)pc->data;

what is jac->nsplit?     3, is my guess, since we have split the matrix into
3 split, namely field_0, field_1, field_2.

PC_FieldSplitLink ilink = jac->head;

what is ilink->nfields? 2, is my guess, since the fields_0 has 2 fields
inside.

Then ilink=ilink->next; ilink=ilin->next; ilink->nfileds should be 1 right?

Thank you very much in advance.

Yan