VTK output from DA vectors

Saswata Hier-Majumder saswata at umd.edu
Sun Jul 12 10:34:21 CDT 2009

Hi,
I would like to generate a vtk output from   a multicomponent problem.
In the vtk file, I would like the DA coordinates as well as all 4
components stored separately as scalar point data.

I have been using the  VecView_VTK routine from
/ksp/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex29.c. But the vtk output seems to
contain only the local coordinates (may be because DAGetCoordinates is
not collective?).  Is there a way to fix this?

Also, using the same routine, all components of the solution
corresponding to a node are dumped together. Is there a way to extract
each component separately and ouput them separately as scalar point data?

Thanks

--
www.geol.umd.edu/~saswata