matrix creation on LAPACK mode

Takuya Sekikawa sekikawa at msi.co.jp
Thu Jul 2 23:30:30 CDT 2009

Hello

I made eigenvalue solver program with SLEPc. in my program, to
setup matrix, I use MatCreateSeqAIJ() function.

void setupMatrix(int m, int n)
{
	PetscErrorCode ierr;

	ierr=MatCreateSeqAIJ(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, m, n, nz, PETSC_NULL,
&g_A);
}

Normally I select solver as KrylovSchur, but sometimes I switched solver
to LAPACK. with using LAPACK, result seems to be no problem. but I
suspect calculation time takes longer (because of using MatCreateSeqAIJ)

Does switching matrix create function to MatCreateSeqDense() give any
effect to speed up on LAPACK mode?

Thanks,
Takuya
   Takuya Sekikawa