petsc 3.0.0 test woes

Toby D. Young tyoung at ippt.gov.pl
Tue Feb 17 09:06:41 CST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to migrate to petsc-2.0.0-p3 on an amd64 linux box. I have
encountered two (unrealted?) problems.

** install problem 1

After exporting PETSC_DIR and PETSC_ARCH
I use:
$ ./config/configure.py --with-blas-lib=libblas.so
--with-lapack-lib=liblapack.so --with-dynamic=1 --with-shared=1
--with-mpi=0
and then:
$make all
...and all looks ok libraries are build. Then
$make test
complains thus:

Running test examples to verify correct installation
Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 1
MPI process See
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/troubleshooting.html ././ex19:
symbol lookup error: ././ex19: undefined symbol: petsc_tmp_flops
Possible error running Graphics examples
src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 1 MPI process See
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/troubleshooting.html ././ex19:
symbol lookup error: ././ex19: undefined symbol: petsc_tmp_flops Error
running Fortran example src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex5f with 1 MPI
process See
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/troubleshooting.html ././ex5f:
symbol lookup error: ././ex5f: undefined symbol: dmgetlocalvector_
Completed test examples

I am unsure how to track down this error, or what it is I am doing
wrong. This procedure works for sure for petsc-2.3.3-p6 Any ideas
please?

** install problem 2

Sadly (for me), it seems that the petsc directory structure has changed
from 2.3.3-p6; this is bringing development of other packages (deal.ii
and slepc) to a screaming halt. So I'll try and fix this without
complaining   :-)

I have noticed this change:
petsc-2.3.3-p6/lib  -->  petsc-3.0.0-p6/$(PETSC_ARCH)/lib

Can someone kindly point me of other directory structure changes I
should look out for, or is there a page on the PETSc website which
documents these changes I can look at.

Many thanks.
Best,
	Toby