Petsc command line options are ignored by PBS submission

hxie at umn.edu hxie at umn.edu
Mon Dec 7 17:22:08 CST 2009

Hi,

I compile the petsc by
-----
./config/configure.py COPTFLAGS=-O3 FOPTFLAGS=-O3 --download-f-blas-lapack=1
-----
(.bashrc:
export PETSC_DIR=$HOME/lib/petsc-3.0.0-p8
export PETSC_ARCH=linux-gnu-c-opt
)
and the "make all" runs OK but the "make test" always fails (probably
because the queueing
system won't let the script launch an interactive multiprocessor job. The
interactive command should be
"mpirun -np 4 -hostfile hosts ~/ex1").

After compiling the petsc, my code runs OK except I cannot use the command
line options. That is really inconvenient. Any idea for this? My code is
written in Fortran 90. Thanks.

Part of error messages after running "make test"
------
Running test examples to verify correct installation
Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI
process
See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/troubleshooting.html
mpirun_ssh: option `-n' is ambiguous
mpirun_ssh -timeout 200 -paramfile paramfile.11115 -n 1 ./ex19
-dmmg_nlevels 4 failed!
Removing temporary paramfile paramfile.11115
------

Bests,
Hui