extracting work vectors

Jarunan Panyasantisuk jarunan at ascomp.ch
Fri Dec 4 09:47:27 CST 2009

I am using GMRES and BICGSTAB, not Richardson. Actually, I have never
tried it.

About PCSHELL, I am sorry if this will annoy you but please let me
explain what I understand.
When define a linear system Ax = b
GMRES does                           Ax' = r
where r is residual, acts as a new RHS and supposed to be minimized
x' is a new solution vector, used in the iterations

MyProcond(r, x', rtol, niter)

which will solve the system Ax' = r for niter iterations
Then, return new x' which will be the preconditioned vector or y in

apply(pc,x',y)

It is clear about the vector which preconditioner will be applied, x' here.
In my case, I am looking for my right hand side, r, which I do not know
how can I get this.

If there is no way to access it, I apologize for asking several times.

Regards,
Jarunan

--
Jarunan Panyasantisuk