BAIJ and AIJ formats

Manav Bhatia bhatiamanav at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 14:48:47 CDT 2008

Hi,

    I have a few questions about the block format matrix.

     In the function: MatCreateSeqBAIJ, the arguments are

bs	- size of block
m	- number of rows
n	- number of columns
nz	- number of nonzero blocks per block row (same for all rows)
nnz	- array containing the number of nonzero blocks in the various
block rows (possibly different for each block row) or PETSC_NULL

If I specify the nnz vector, then what is the dimension of this
vector? Is that equal to the block size? If so, then is it assumed
that all blocks have the same number of non-zeros per row?

If my blocks have different non-zero patterns, then should I use an
AIJ format instead of a BAIJ format?

Thanks,
Manav