symmetric reordering and incomplete factorization with tolerance?

zhifeng sheng z.sheng at ewi.tudelft.nl
Tue Sep 16 10:57:08 CDT 2008

Dear Barry

I tried the RCM+ICC(2) in Petsc.... it seems that the reordering does
not work well... as I view the preconditioner, it does not say in which
way the matrix is reordered.

And when I solve it with KSP, the solver always complains about

Detected zero pivot in Cholesky factorization

How could it be?

Thanks
Best regards
Zhifeng