whether do I need to consider the symmetric preconditioner when using CG?

Yujie recrusader at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 11:15:43 CST 2008

Dear Lisandro:

>From PETSc manual, I know KSPCG only supports left preconditioning. However,
I want to know whether does this affect the performance of preconditioned
CG? The main problem is that it should be better to generate a symmetric
preconditioned operator for CG method. However, Left preconditioner should
have some difficulty to get such operator? Do you have any testings about it
regarding left, split and right preconditinoers and CG realization in
PETSc? thanks a lot.

Regards,
Yujie