Weird (?) results obtained from experiments with the SNESMF module

Rafael Santos Coelho rafaelsantoscoelho at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 17:27:05 CST 2008

Hey, Matthew,

What do you mean by "varying the h parameter"? Using another approach to
compute it (such as the DS)? Changing its "calculation period"?

Anyhow, I didn't try those things yet. In fact, that's what I plan on doing
next this weekend, and also maybe implementing new ways of calculating the h
parameter (who knows, that could be a contribution of mine to PETSc's code
base :D). After some googling, I found this
article<http://www.cs.odu.edu/%7Ekeyes/papers/jfnk.pdf>that
demonstrates at least two other ways to compute the differencing
parameter. Thank you guys for your replies!