small space step lead to floating point exception

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 24 12:19:58 CDT 2008

    You need to determine where the floating point exception occurs.
On some computers
this is easy, just run the code in the debugger and use the debugger
option to trap floating
point exceptions.  Unfortunately this may not always be possible: in
that case I would
start with running with -info -snes_monitor -ksp_monitor to see what
is happening before
the floating point exception that is causing the difficulty.

    Barry