How use scalar type and complex type at the same time?

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:16:28 CDT 2008

I believe the only way you can handle this is by using separate
programs linked with different PETSc configurations for the time
domain solver and the frequency domain solver. Of course, this
requires that both problems are somewhat "uncoupled" and that you use
some MPI-2 features (dynamic process management)  to make your two
programs "chat" each other.

If you have some knowledge of Python, I can offer you a rather simple
solution based on mpi4py (MPI for Python). You write a "master" Python
script communicating with each of your programs and managing the
interchange of data using MPI calls. With a bit of luck, you will not
need to add too much to your current code. Of course, you can skip the
Python way and code all the "master" part in C/C++/Fortran. Just let
me know if you are interested in this approach.

--
Lisandro Dalcín